VFW Post 1177 has a proud tradition of supporting our local veterans. As an officially recognized Veteran's Service Organization (VSO) the needs of our veterans, whom have sacrificed for our nation, is and always will be, our primary mission. Whether it be counseling, medical or financial assistance, Post 1177 will do what it can to be there. For us, Everyday is Veterans Day. Here is a short list of what we have done for veterans in our community:
- Coordinate veterans and the Virginia Department of Veterans Services (DVS) to ensure VA claims are filed in a timely manner
- Support the Sweats for Vets program at the Martinsburg VA Hospital
- Conduct fundraising efforts in order to support Veterans in Need and the VFW Home for Children
- Provide medical equipment, to include wheelchairs and hospital beds to vets in need
- Since January 2017, provided over $8,000 in financial assistance (as of August 2017) to veterans and families in need.
If you or someone you know is a veteran in need of support, do not hesitate to contact us. Our support is provided in a timely and discreet manner, once verification of need is made. We support veterans and veteran families. Please contact our Service Officer Jay Greely Sr. at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were not alone then, you are
not alone now. There are 20 million vets who would give their lives for
you. PLEASE, don't take yours.
After a traumatic experience, it's normal to feel frightened, sad,
anxious, and disconnected. But if the upset doesn't fade and you feel
stuck with a constant sense of danger and painful memories, you may be
suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can seem like
you'll never get over what happened or feel normal again.
This is why we have created the "buddy-buddy" program. Veterans
like you, that have shared a similar experience or trauma in one of our
nations many conflicts, are available to talk with you openly and
privately and help you deal with issues associated with your experience.
If you are struggling, if you are in pain, if you just need to talk, please call.
Veterans Crisis Hotline 1 (800) 273- 8255 press "1"
Veterans TEXT 838255